Thursday, June 04, 2015

Schooled

Wrapping up accounting 2 at LACC tonight.  This ends a year journey my wife and I have been on.  I really don't like all the time I've had to give up, or the person at times that the time stress has made me behave like, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  I was just telling my sister today that I wish I had been in my late 30s in high school and my failed attempt at college.  This would have made more sense because I could have been 14-20 in my late 20s and early 30s, when I probably could have used the extra spring in my step.
Yet things happen when they happen and I am fine with how things are.   I'm considering what to enroll in next semester and leaning towards a computer science course.  It's hard to think about continuing to be short on time and long on stress, but I know it's worth while.

Life is on the brink of more changes and as always this is the only vague hint that will happen on this blog, primarily because not even I know what they will be just yet, I only know that they are coming and fast.

My brother is in Kansas today with the rest of my family, that's always a tough pill to swallow, I do wish I could be along.  I'll be content for now with phone calls and photos, as always.

4 Days ago I gave 30 days notice on our studio space downtown.  I'm sad to see it go but I know that it's for the best.  It's an expense that was always tough to manage and with the vague coming change it's best to be leaner and more budget wise.  So June will be a month of moving and re-arranging, my garage will probably be packed, but it will be nice to have all my tools close by again.  And perhaps the day when I'll have a proper home studio in a proper home may come sooner than later.


2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

We all miss you here!

Scarlet said...

Wishing the same for you! Sure missed having you here this time around, but knowing we will be together in October helps some!