Monday, June 08, 2015

For Summer Not Forever

So the final was a total bear the other night.  Nothing in the entire year of schooling had really prepared me for the level of soul crushing difficulty presented on that last test.  I think we did ok, but it felt like a mugging.

My uncertainty about next semester went away when I logged in to check and see if grades had been posted.  They had not, but logging into the LACC student web portal made me realize that I wanted to continue.  I selected a computer science course and added it for the fall term.  At least I will have the break of not having to physically report to campus this time around.

Friday night we attended an art opening which our friend Tiger had some pieces in, selected photos from the experience are below.  We ended the night at the Burgundy room having a few drinks with friends.




 Saturday afternoon we watched Ryan's kickball team get slaughtered and ran some random errands.  In the evening we watched Predestination, which I quite enjoyed and then called it an early night.

On Sunday we cleaned house and I worked on preparing our garage for the onslaught of stuff moving back from our space downtown.  We also went downtown and worked on things for a while then returned home to prepare for Game of Thrones night with tiger and Dylan.  I bought a couple of dough balls from the grocery store and made mushroom, garlic & basil pizzas.  They turned out rather divine, though next time I think I would like to make the dough myself.

Now I'm back at the work, grinding away.

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

No grades yet?

Scarlet said...

Talk to you Friday!