Monday, May 06, 2013

answers

lets set the scene, open spotify and queue up "desert raven" by jonathan wilson, now go make it lightly rain outside, I'll wait. pour yourself a fresh cup of coffee.

now that we've synced up these key elements I'd like to welcome you to this smooth easy feeling that is bubbling under the shrouded sun, who's simplicity betray's it's gravity. And all over, people suffer, and struggle, and I try and keep this in mind as my life trickles over time. What's a boy to do? I've told myself over the years that a proper reaction to the seeming imbalance in the world is perspective and acceptance. I try and identify what is good in my life, and cherish it, because to me it's not the worst thing that some have so much while other have so little, but to accept your existence as proof of entitlement is.

Time grinds on, and I've started the song over, and I've been interrupted and I've replaced one cup of coffee for another. I'm thinking about ambitious projects, and how to have life between the struggle for subsistence and creation. Actions and repercussion and decisions and consequences all roll by. I spend time asking question which have no answer, or at least not one right answer, because I don't want to miss something.

Would I like to know now, what I will know in another 34 years?

The calendar is grounding me, as I consider what I know of the busy months to come. I won't always have time to think, and I won't always think when I should. I trust my instinct, because I still live, but I hope to rely more on my mind in times to come.

No comments: