Monday, December 10, 2012

Tiny Spirit


My boss brought me this tiny little yuletide tree. It plugs into my usb port. cuteness. I'm drinking coffee and trying to get serious about doing some work. not easy today. I've been running each morning before work for the past couple of weeks. I realized I was skipping too many runs due to my schedule. It's hard for me to get out of bed yet I feel pretty great after it's all done. Work on my new S on S album is going great. I'm entering into the hardest phase though. When creating a recording there comes a point when you have to cross the threshold and reconcile what each song could be, with what it finally ends up being. That's the proof in the pudding and it's a fucker. When making the demo version of a song you hear so much possibility, but when you start that final mix you hear so much reality. Every flaw and poorly seated and chosen tone is laid bare, and it can overwhelm the desire to finish the project. Keep going, hope for the best.

No comments: