Monday, June 06, 2011

The Cooperative Sky

It rained briefly last night. Angela and I were driving from the TV academy to Devin and Dylan's apartment when it sprinkled a touch on the windshield. It's nice to get rain in LA in June. The sky today is still grey and I have a warm cup of coffee next to me. Soon I will leave work and go buy a door from someone in Burbank, then I will drive it out to Malibu where I will see what K has been up to.

We were leaving the TV Academy yesterday in the rain because the Movie Bridesmaids had ended. It was a fun movie to watch to. It maid me feel very sorry for the lead character at points throughout the movie, but it made me laugh a whole bunch.

We went to see Bridesmaids because we had been at the beach watching Devin secretly film his video for "Winnipeg Beach". I checked the weather before we left and the forecast for the area seemed dreary and cold, therefore we dressed accordingly. When we arrived we found it to be sunny and beautiful. This made it okay to wear nothing but rolled up jeans and marvel at the water for a while. After marveling for a spell we enjoyed Fish and Chips at Patrick's Roadhouse, because we were hungry.

we went to the beach because the night before we had been at Devin and Dylan's watching our friend Shawn's new DVD which featured the Video from DT&T's song "Alien Nation." The DVD was hilarious, we all enjoyed it very much. After the DVD we spent time talking and planning and watching Angela and Dylan make a prop for the video that was to be shot. It sounded like a good reason to go to the beach.

We had been at Devin and Dylan's house that evening because I had been working most of the day in my bosses yard and Angela had been working most of the day in the apartment, deep cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen. She even ripped the shower doors off because she hates them. After the yard work I was sunburned and tired. We ate food because we were hungry and I took a nap. After the nap I felt sluggish and I needed to pep up and the sun was about to set. I decided to go for a run to enjoy the last bit of the day. I walked out my apartment and onto the sidewalk, still feeling lazy. When I got to the corner of Los Feliz near my house I checked the parking meter to see what time it was, because I like to time my runs these days. I started off slow and told myself I wasn't going to run five miles and I wasn't really going to care how fast I ran it. I plodded along for a mile and then ducked through the tunnel into griffith park. I ran to a fork in the trail, trying to decide how far I wanted to plod. I decided I could turn further into the park and still turn around if I continued to feel lazy. I sort of lost track of what I was doing at one point and noticed that I had crossed the point of no return and that I had accidentally committed to running at least 5 miles. Once I realized that I started to regret the decision because I realized it was going to take more time. Then I thought well the only way to get this over with is to run faster, so I did. I ended up really pushing the last 2.5 miles of my run, which caused me to check the meter when I returned. I realized that I was only 3 minutes of my best time for that distance this year. So after that I showered and we wanted to get out of the house but not do anything to crazy, so we went to Devin and Dylan's for a visit.

No comments: