Monday, January 03, 2011

Reheat the Beacon




I'm pretty much in love with my Ipad. Here is a song composed on the Ipad. The beat was sequenced with the fabulous Korg Electribe App. The lyrics were written in the ipad notes app. It's rough and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm re-reading David Brin's "the postman" and I'm feeling as though the lyrics were influenced by the book. I really need to make a new cover for the book because seeing Kev Cos' face on there just reminds me of how wrong the movie got it.

I'm sure this looks a little gushy and ridiculous but there is something inspiring about the technology in the Ipad. Seeing the amount of software being developed daily for the device is encouraging.

Enjoy the song.


It’s a bit dubious
what you do to us
when you think you’re past the stares

undeniable
what you try and a pull
from the space between our hairs

you cannot fool our cameras

so ridiculous
to envelope us
as if it fools our ears

it’s insufferable
not magical
warn anyone who dares

that you cannot fool our cameras
we read between the lines
we fall for no distractions
keeping perfect time
the sensors all are sensing
the systems all aligned
here nothing could go missing

this will be the last time that you die

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

How fun, I love it!