Monday, June 01, 2009

Resuming a Neglected Practice

I have wrote before of a place called "Green Vista Point", a closet in a house I once shared with my brother which wasd converted into a space to listen to music in the dark. Such dreams and ideas grew in that dark. So many albums listened to start to finish in that space, how much I grew to love the seldom noticed deep cut.

I have recently realized that I do not listen to music with the undivided attention which I used to give it. I'm always moving, doing something else. My mind needs to be let of out it's body every now and then. My musical brain needs to be fed from the fountain. I have decided that I'm going to set the modest goal of at least once a month sitting down and listening to an album start to finish while doing nothing else. I will probably begin in Angela's CD and record collection, which has depths that need to be explored.

No comments: