Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye Oh Ate

In January of this year, as I have been doing now for several years I made a list of some things to do more of this year. What the list doesn't show, and which I actually succeeded beyond my wildest dreams at is what I did less of this year. So while on the surface I didn't accomplish even half of my goals, I actually did remarkably well this year.

from my blog on 1/25/08:

1. Elect a new president.
2. Learn more Mandolin Chords.
3. Finish the the third Shitting Glitter Album.
4. Finish the Fourth Shitting Glitter Album.
5. Run More than last year.
6. Read Ulysses - Then make Jason explain it.
7. Spend more time with Jason. Somehow, Some way.
8. Start blogging short pieces of fiction.
9. Play in Greece.
10. Be a good person.

1. Elect a new president. This I did! There wasn't much choice but I actually go tmy first choice. This year marked the first time which I have ever contributed to a campaign, for anything, and I did so more than once. Now the hard part begins, it's time to as a nation to hold our leaders to a higher standard than we have in the past. In the coming year, when I make my new list, this Item will be on it.

2. Learn more Mandolin Chords. Shit! This I didn't do. I have no real excuse for this. Other than to say the first ones came easy and I got out of the study this year. I will do better by this instrument this next year. It may even make the list again.

3. Finish the the third Shitting Glitter Album. This was in some ways out of my hands. I basically finished my part. There are a few songs here or there that I wrote or involve me but I can't really be the one to move these forward.

4. Finish the Fourth Shitting Glitter Album. I will not be involved with any further Shitting Glitter albums.

5. Run More than last year. I kicked this Items ASS! Very proud of myself. starting in February I ran basically 3-4 days a week, working up to five to sixe miles at a time. There were some longer runs in there, none over ten. I'm proud of myself here. I even started adding some calestenic exercises in the mornings.

6. Read Ulysses - Then make Jason explain it. No Excuse offered here. I joined a book club, it takes more of my reading time. I didn't totally slack but I do still need to read Ulysses.

7. Spend more time with Jason. Somehow, Some way. I maybe saw Jason for more total hours this year... still not nearly enough.

8. Start blogging short pieces of fiction. I split the difference here and started privatly writing a longer piece of fiction.

9. Play in Greece. This was a far reach that was doomed from the start. It turns out that I'm glad it never came to be. It would have been rather awkward.

10. Be a good person. I was a good person this year. I'm proud of that. I did the right thing when it was hard and I helped other people be better.


I will make a new list in the new year. Enjoy yourselves. 2008 was a year of transition, I'm so glad I lived through it.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Really surprised but delighted to see this blog as I was just finishing comments on the previous one when I discovered this tasty read! Can't wait to read some short stories, I know they will be awesome.