Monday, December 29, 2008

Seasons Pass

At the cusp of a new season I suppose we all grow a bit reflective, the romantics among us perhaps more than most. My big holiday trip over I find myself on such a cusp.
I flew into Kansas City the on the 18th and returned on Christmas Day. It was a fine holiday and I was so glad to spend it with my family and be able to return the day of and spend time with Angela. I'll blog further about the trip in the coming days.

I went for a walk yesterday, on my walk I couldn't help but refelct on the season that I've just lived through. I'm not speaking so much about a calendar season or any particular temperature marker season, but just a vague personal season. I suppose my this season for me lasted from March of this year till now. In that time the weather changed a couple times. My residence changed. My girlfriend changed. My Band Changed. My body Changed. My Hair Changed. My friends changed. My job changed. I lost a beloved Uncle. The way I spend my time changed. I traveled back to Kansas 3 times in this season.

My 7 day trip to Kansas was the last thing that I really needed to be able to assure myself that this season was over for me. It's now time to move bravely forward and begin a new one. I wish to keep all the habits I have established in the old season. I will continue to work out. I will continue to be good with my money. i will continue to arrive early to work and show up not as the living dead of the season before this one. I will continue to forgive as much as I can. I will cointinue to love fully.

I will blog in the next couple of weeks my goals for the new year as well as the progress report on the goals of this past year.

I have grown and I'm proud of myself. I'm proud of you too.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Best wishes with all of your goals, we could all benefit from setting some new ones.