Friday, June 27, 2008

Everything Happens the Way it Happens

Recently I approached my bosses about the possibility of playing a larger role in the company where I work. I told them that I was in a better space in life now and that I'd like to put more energy into what I do for a living. They were very receptive. We talked about that which might be best suited for me and we came to a decision. It was decided that some restructuring needed to happen anyway and that someone would need to be let go. I really didn't expect anything to come to pass very quickly but yesterday my bosses made the big step of doing away with one position, essentially making room for my new one. I will now be in charge of all of the billing, and I'm very excited about it.
I have been doing some major searching of the soul recently and I'm finding out that my source of happiness lies in many varied directions, often in places I would not have thought to look. I haven't been sharing any of it on this blog because I haven't felt right about who may or may not be reading it. I am over that now... This is my blog and it's my life and I'm going to live it and write about it because it's important to me to honestly examine my life as it's happening and after it's happened through the practice of writing it down and occasionally reading it.
I am now happier than I have been in a very long time. Life can really surprise you, when you least expect it... (i love that sentence... it made me laugh so I left it in even though it's ridiculous) I hadn't really noticed in my conscious mind how much I had stopped taking care of what mattered most to me. I was failing in many ways. I failed in a relationship, and though it takes two to do that I admit fully that I failed at my part too. I was failing at work and I was failing musically. I wasn't following my own passions, I wasn't living life anymore. It took a long time to realize that but I have, and I'm keeping it in mind now.
I am now in a relationship that I will not fail in. I feel constantly loved and supported. Angela encourages me everyday to be the best possible version of myself, and I am doing my best to do the same for her.

I have been working hard to understand Sonar LE, a limited version of a PC based recording program. I am really falling in love with the idea of making my own music again.

Things are going to continue to happen, and though I may falter occasionally I feel like I've learned from mistakes I have made in the past. I am going to make more, but I'm going to learn to enjoy them because I now really understand that they will lead to better things if you let them. Thanks life, I needed that.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Good for you, I'm very happy about all of this!