Monday, June 16, 2008

The Best Fix is Amputation

Saturday began way earlier than I am accostome on a weekend, In fact I woke up far earlier than I used to go to bed. I was up at 7:30 when Angela left for work. I had the unfortunate task then of rebuilding my computer since someone was kind enough to delete everything except AOL 7.0 from it. To even get to the point where I can begin to use it make music and watch dvds again took the entire day. It was frustrating to say the least and I was dissapointed that I had to do it but I'm was glad to accomplish it. I then quickly recorded a Demo of a new song I had been writing to send to Ronnie who will hopefully perform bass and drums on it. The song is entitled "in need".

I've been reading today about artificial intelligence and the turing test. I got on the subject because I was first reading about Lewis Carroll and the jaberwocky, which led me to Jabberwacky which led me to Turing... It has been a nice reading day.

Speaking of nice reading. I had my second book club meeting yesterday. As noted the book was William Gibson's Neuromancer, which I read entirly online. I enjoyed the book a great deal and enjoyed talking about it with others also. I really like everyone in my book club, for next month we will read The Lying Days by Nadine Gordimer, I will start it as soon as I find a copy.

In other news my parents finally got a dog! I can't wait to meet him.

Tonight I'm off to run then hit the drive in! I am happy today.

No comments: