Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I Rule

Last night Amy and I dined at Eat Well on Santa Monica Blvd, a place we eat only occasionally. The food after breakfast isn't really that inspiring, but they do provide paper table clothes and crayons to fill the excessive wait time for your food. The only thing I really like about the place is the bathroom window. It's always cracked open enough to allow air in and out, but if you are so inclined you can open it all the way and look out.
You couldn't escape through this window because it's covered in a serious concrete criss-cross pattern. I like to open this window and look out everytime I go there. The street there just looks more appealing through that window than it does when your walking along it.
I don't wish to push the merits of this particular window upon anyone, but I will leave you with this simple rule to live by. Everytime you go out to eat, excuse yourself and go check out the bathroom, even if you don't have to go, the rule is of double intesnity if you've never been to the resturaunt before. You could defy me in this rule, but you'll only be cheating yourself.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

I almost never go into a restroom at restaurants (or other businesses). Generally they're disgusting, or at least slightly gross. And I've had to clean enough public restrooms in my days of manual labor that I generally never want to set foot in one.

Scarlet said...

Buckie, you make me howl with laughter, for I agree with Devin. I have cleaned enough bathrooms in my lifetime, both familial and otherwise to cause me to observe as little as possible while visiting a public bathroom. But then, you are a special breed of bathroom user as evidenced by your ability to consume food while sitting on the throne doing your business!!!