Monday, May 14, 2007

Back in the Alley


I've been slack, so in Interest of regaining good blogging habits I will now dump a few memory marks down here and move on.

Below, the post with pictures and no words, is a chronicle of items surrounding our recent helter skelter tour. That was one super fun thing that happened recently which I never got around to blogging about.

I've spent a good deal of my time lately working on aspects of the upcoming Shitting Glitter single. At the figurative last minute Devin inspired us to bash out one last b-side, produced and mixed by yours truly. After mixing it and remixing it at least every night last week, I finally got to the point last night where I could call it done enough. I must say I feel that it's the best production and mixing I've ever done. It helped that I had a good song, and great performances by band members. I also had the added benefiet of having not really mixed anything too seriously in the last couple of years which helped me to enjoy it. Of course most important was that I had excellent help just an email or a phone call away in the form of a seamonster.

Yesterday we rehearsed with the drummer I found to play pride with. This was our second rehearsal with her, and It was really a lot of fun. We have a really great set worked up for pride. I feel very confident about how this show will come across. I'm more excited about this show then I've been about one in a long time. A lot of that feeling comes from the fact that I feel really confident in the band I'll be there with. Exciting.

After the rehearsal Amy and I drove out to Malibu, to see Hoagie and consider the upcoming EP. The considering went well in my opinion. We got home around midnight, I got to sleep around 2:30. I went to work at 8:30. I'm going to take a 10 Minute nap.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Please bring the new song with you and share it with us! Only 51 hours to go!!!!!