Thursday, February 27, 2014

Becoming all Wet

Tonight I get to play the songs I've written in front of other people. Last night it rained. It will rain again tomorrow and Saturday. All of these things are good things in my book. I do feel bad for the guys at my work who have to be down in the trenches setting up the Academy Awards in the rain, that won't be fun.

I watched "Into the Wild" earlier this week. I enjoyed it a lot. I can see where I was a little bit like that kid at his age. Thank goodness I was so lazy, that could have ended really badly. My 5 year plan once had the second entry as "walk from California to Florida." I do kinda wish I had done that, but I am happy with the measure of stability that I've managed to claw out of this unstable world. And yet I really would love to take the time to thru hike The Pacific Crest Trail.

Ah, the call of adventure. Will the exploits of others ever stop to stir something deep within me? Will I ever look at a mountain without wanting to climb it? I guess the least I could do this year is get my adventure pass to the Angeles National Forrest and climb all the main peaks that taunt me each day. Then if perhaps my ship, or the ship of someone I love comes in I'll be able to attack the PCT.

Last night I finished reading "Juliet, Naked" by Nick Hornby. I really do love his books. Easy, funny reads with heart and human insight. First person to ask me for it gets it in the mail.

Next up is the most recent David Brin book. "Existence".

2 comments:

aes9999 said...

I want to read the Nick Horny book please!!

Unknown said...

Shucks, she beat me to it! But I will read it after her, cuz I'll have all kinds of time, soon!! RS