Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Single Digit Countdown

I've been working on 10 Digits, the new album for my S no S project pretty steadily in 2013. It is nearly ready to go. The songwriting and demoing for the album has slowly taken place over the last 4 years or so. Many songs were originally written for Turbo Sunshine, but ultimately they did not fit that project. Over the last 4 or 5 months I've taken the demos and some new tracks and attempted to polish them, which is really a process of removing the bits that were annoying in some sense or another, and replacing them with bits that were not. Last night I believe I cleared the last major hurdle of removing a part I couldn't live with and replacing it with one I could. I plan now to make one last mix, and if all goes well I will call it done, release the thing and get back to working on the Turbo Debut and a couple on off commission works for a certain fabulous burlesque dancer. Fans of S no S do not despair, this is not a last gasp of S no S, but a brand new beginning. I hope that this is the opening volley of an all out audio onslaught the likes of which was last seen from me in the very early 2000s. Above is the original draft of the 10 Digits art work provided by my brother Devin. I've since changed a few song titles and tweaked the track order. The artwork concept is being tweaked as well.

No comments: