Monday, September 24, 2012

Saga Interruptus

Hello internet! I trust you are well and full of many wondrous items. I have been hiding from your in my past and for that I apologize.

Turbo Sunshine had a show recently, on Sept. 4th and it was good. Here are a few videos.

I've been running a lot this year. I'm trying to maintain a relatively good base of conditioning for the entire year, and hopefully much longer. I have been pretty great about fitness the past few years, but in each year there seems be at least one period of slackassedness that takes me from in shape to out; and I think that is entirely avoidable in my life's current configuration. I'm primarily running these days, with supplemental calisthenics. I would like to get back into lifting of the weights as I had been earlier in this year. It's just not nearly as fun as a good long run. I have found in the past few weeks as I've gotten busier that I'm not able to run as consistently as I prefer, so I'm implementing a new plan of increasing the distance on each run. I've been running in the 6-8 mile range 3 to 4 times a week and I would like to be in the 9-11 range. More on that as it develops.

Our home is nearly finished. I changed the chandelier last weekend and built a new shelf for the laundry hamper and vacuum in the hall closet last week. sometime this week I'll run a network cable to Angie's room for her computer and do a bit more light switch covering. from here on out it's going to be a lot easier. Touch ups here and there and a lot of work on projects.

Simone our previously sick kitty is still a bag of bones, but he seems to be as active as ever and happy. He has me trained to feed him, which reminds me to give him his pill every night and in this way balance seems to be achieved. Frusciante is fat and loves eating the food Simone leaves on his plate. Bettina is happy with everything except the lack of air conditioning in her room. Special attention was paid in the set up of this home to remove vulnerable wiring from bunny height. This makes getting her out of her room and into the main living area a lot easier and hassle free, thus greatly adding to the time she gets to hangout with the rest of us.

Angela is doing well at work, gaining more duties constantly. She seems to be recognized in her company as a valuable asset. I'm proud of her. My work has been pretty busy these past few months. With technician's on the east coast for the Daily Show's coverage of the RNC and DNC I found myself having to actually be out in the field working on a small telethon. Not fun.

I have switched mobile phones and providers. I will now look to see if they make any nice apps for blogging on blogger from and android device.

and now, back to the past in progress.

No comments: