Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morning off, big night tonight

Angie and I decided we would take the morning off and catch up on rest and just enjoy "being" in France. Devin set his alarm for 8, and then it went off every 10 minutes until 8:45 or so. Angie got up and made coffee so the boys could get up and make good on their plan to hit the town early. Angie and I walked to the market and the bakery to get breakfast. Its been surprisingly cheap to shop for little bites in Vincennes. After eating we laid back down and promptly fell back asleep. It's now afternoon here and I'm starting to really perk up and get excited for tonight. Angie and I have tickets to the famous cabaret crazy horse tonight, it has been a big dream of angela's to go there. We plan to have a nice dinner on our way to the crazy horse and then meet the boys at a gay bar called Raid afterwards.

Yesterday we started off by visiting laura at her office, we had a late start though so we missed having lunch with her. After a brief stop for photos at the arc de triumph we went to the crazy horse box office so that Angela and I might buy tickets. We then spent a couple of hours shopping on the champs de élysées.

We were hungry, as a tourist gets, and stopped in for a bit of pizza and beer. The beer was nice so we had a couple. Wile eating and drinking we made a plan for our next activity, though it was late in the day we thought we would go to the catacombs. We hopped on a metro that ended up being an elevated train as opposed to an underground tube and it ran the closest we had been yet to the Eiffel Tower, truly stunning to see from the train, we appeared to be the only people on the rush hour train that cared to look as we went passed.

When we finally found the entrance to the catacombs they were closed sonwew stopped into a cafe for beer and cocktails. It was happy hour which was fortunate for our pockets. The little cafe was rather cute.

We were beat from a day of tramping about so we headed back to our room. I picked out a random cheap bottle of wine at the market which turned out to be very good. We drank our wine and soon fell asleep. I woke up wide awake at 4am and my tossing did the same to Angela. It took hours to get back to sleep, and as soon as I did devins alarm started up. Oh boy!


I just cleaned the apartment and now i'm feeling like a quick walk through the Bois de Vincennes.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

I only used that alarm one day! I had no idea it would be so loud... but once I found out I never used it again.