Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Six Months and Running

Yessir, it's been six months since I've taken up the task of actively improving my life. I feel good. I have ran at least four days a week for the entire time, I've been taking steps to clear up my financial matters. I've worked six days a week for all but a couple of weeks. It's been good for me and I feel great.

This past weekend was nice. We had a couple of nice birthday events for Angela and got to see many friends. We also got to see the new Batman Movie at the Imax theater and I really deeply enjoyed that.

I had a meeting with my book club people at a place called Chaya in Beverly Hills. We discussed the book Jazz by Toni Morrison, which I enjoyed. It was a nice discussion and helped to reaffirm my commitment to my book club. It was my turn to choose the book and Author, with the stipulation that the author be a Nobel prize winner. I Chose the Tin Drum by Gunter Grass. I've always wanted to read it so it's perfectly motivating for me. I was able to go pick up a used copy for just 2.75 yesterday afternoon and the first chapter has already thrilled me a great deal.

No comments: