Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Sidelong Thought

The other night I was watching Lost and I was already thirsty. Then I saw someone on the show pass one of their grimy water bottles to another person and take a drink. For those of you not in the know Lost occurs on a desert island, therefore fresh water is at a premium. Since I was thirsty I then got up and got myself a drink of easily available, fresh, filtered water.

Later that night I was rinsing my face after I washed it and I noticed I was gritting my teeth. I then thought about those poor stranded actors on lost and decided that I shouldn't take fresh clean tap water for granted, and enjoy the process instead of gritting through it. I might one day be on a hit tv show playing an actor suffering through grimy make up all day, those people really would like to rinse their face in clear, clean water.

No comments: