Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Life is too weird

If someone had told me when I was 18 that one day I'd be sitting in an office in north hollywood, having just lead a scheduling meeting for a small but profitable company, listening to the president of my company sing along with a song written and recorded by my uncle Ronnie over and over again I very much doubt I would have believed you.

This is exactly what is happening. My boss Craig who normally presides over the morning schedule meeting was out to an appointment. He gave me one paper with one job needing done and left me in charge. I actually pulled it off in a manner which I felt the technicians appreciated and still got the job done.

Yesterday Ronnie sent me a real old timey country song he'd written having a little go at a friend of his who didn't deal with his wife leaving him very well. Ronnie finally got around to recording that song Monday and over the weekend. It's called I ain't there and I love it. Just a classic in my opinion.
I was playing it at work yesterday and my country loving boss came running out of her office wanting to know what it was. Within the first listen she was singing harmony on the chorus.
At the end of the day yesterday I emailed her a copy of the song, she came in this morning with an entire duet part worked out. Now she is in her office singing over and over again and I'm in a small corner of my own private heaven. It's great to be surrounded by pieces of the people you care about, especially when they come out of the blue and knock your skirt up.
I'm grateful that life will always find ways to be weird.

Update 1:
It keeps getting odd...
Ronnie just got online and told me today is his birthday... the big 6 oh. Happy birthday Ronnie!

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Send me the song!