Saturday, August 23, 2008

A breath of the fresh!

Hi all, it has been too few and far between. I'm about to embark on a mission to las Vegas, within the hour I say I'll be hitting the road. It's very exciting stuff you know! I have not been in some time and I'm very excited.
For the second time in my life I will travel to Las Vegas to meet Dennis, a friend from years ago and thousands of miles away. I can count on one finger the number of times that I have seen Dennis in the last six years, and that was a brief sighting in a city that I had never seen either, therefore I feel our reconnection got a bit lost in the cyclone. Dennis will be in town on some sort of business that he has declined so far to expand upon,he has only gone on record to say that he will tell me in person and that I will laugh. How very giddy I am!

The last trip I took to Vegas to meet Dennis was a whirlwind, and I don't recall very much of it, but probably more than most people remember their trips to Las Vegas. At the time I was living with Devin in Winnetka, working at Ralph's market. Devin and I Drove my car, accompanied by a co-worker mine named Matt, who has completely disappeared from my life.

I blog this all not because it's interesting but because I am excited! It's nice to have friends that pop in and out of your life. It's nice to get out of town. It's nice to go to Las Vegas. It's nice to be able to travel somewhere with Angela because she packs better than anyone I have ever met.

Can you tell I am excited?

I have been working hard at work lately and I feel like I'm really coming into my own there. I handle many situations as they come up because if I don't handle them there is really only one other person there who can, and he's got too much to do as it is. It makes me feel useful, which isn't really as fun as feeling excited, like I'm feeling now.

This is interesting, have you noticed that I'm really blogging present tense, which is something I seldom do? I don't even think this post began that way, oh yes, maybe it did.

So I assume the added work at work is what has really cut down on my blogging, which is why I'm typing the rare blog not from work. If you are my employer and you happen to be reading this I don't blog from work, I only work at work, saying that I blog from work is just a joke I have for those people who read my blog from their work . If my employers happen to be reading this I would bet dollars to doughnuts they are reading it from work anyway.

It's getting near the time to go and I am very excited! I've mentioned this before, yes?

I have been running ever so much lately. I've recently taken a new approach to my running, rather than running fast and killing myself I have started running slower but steadier and over a bit longer period of time and mileage. I'm actually a bit more exhausted at the end of it but it seems to be a little easier to confront it each day knowing that the suffering will be gradual.

Okay, the excitement is getting the better of me. I must take a few moments for me and prepare.

I will type here again, maybe even from my phone during the trip.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

I'm excited just reading how excited you are, and Royal is excited because I am but hasn't a clue why he is excited!