Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Leave an open door behind you

I have judged people my entire life and its gotten me no where. I have been sarcastic to an extreme degree. I have talked myself out of things before I started them. I have made fun of what I am afraid of. I have placed the interests of others above my own. I have accepted as truth what I know to be false.

I'm in a mood and it's not bad. I'm having growing pains. I'm looking for the high road and not caring what it looks like to anyone else but it's not easy. I have to tell you my friends and family it's rather difficult to be a better person. It was easy to do the things above but the pay sucked and the hours were ridiculous.

The longer I live the more I realize just how wrong I have been all along. I've got a good head on broad shoulders but I've been alseep at the wheel far more than I should have been. Life can kick you in the ass even when you are watching and it will really pull your number when you are not looking.

I'm finding new things every day that are important to me. I want to protect those things and treat them with the respect they deserve.

It's still a wonderful world if you let it.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Geez, I wish I had kept up with your blog, I would have called right away after reading this latest one. As it is, I have to wait because it is 5:21 in the morning in L.A.! So what's going on?