Friday, June 02, 2006

Chicken Boy & Elvis' Eight Ball



Monday was fun, Marc, Amy and I met up with a group of fine folks from findadeath.com in order to view a seldom remembered piece of LA history, the Chicken Boy.
Chicken Boy was a large Fiberglas statue which sat high above a restaurant downtown, which was also named Chickenboy. I'll not go into extreme detail when I can link you to his website, or that of his mothers.
http://www.chickenboy.com

We heard a nice oral history of how the statue came to be and how it came down, and the struggle to get it back up (none of that is supposed to be punny). We also got to try on a human size version of the head!!

After the Chickenboy the group headed downtown to eat at a place called Cliftons. I can't even begin to explain clifton's cafeteria. I won't, if you have the chance just go. 648 S. Broadway in downtown, L.A.

The rest of the day was just good fun, we kicked it at scotts house and later at new friend Darrell's. At Darrell's I got to snap this picture, that sir, was Elvis' Eight Ball...

No comments: