Friday, October 15, 2004

ad astra per aspera

Golly wonkers.
It's been happening around here at a pretty assured rate. First off I've been pulling teeth trying to get the IW6 single mastered. My recording was not of great quality, many things I left to fix in the mix, which is such a shitty lazy way to record, I was embarrassed to send the first rough mix to the master. I think a great deal of hastle came from the fact that I was just learing some of the new systems I used to record this single on, In that respect I learned a fair deal. I also had never been through the mastering process with a song. I think I picked up some pretty useful knowledge about mixing and e.q., only time will tell if I can learn to apply it all. All in all I think when I get some time between myself and the single I will be pretty happy with it. Until then I'm just riding the snake, as they say in certain whereabouts.

The recordings we've started for the album sound great so far. I can't wait to wrap it up and get it all polished. That will be a huge moment for me, getting a full l.p. mastered and pressed. Many stress to come.

I've been having some success in the field of recreational reading. Certain times of my life have seemed to yield up a nice set pattern for reading, in this particular one I seem to steal about five 10 minute periods a day. I'm really enjoying a trick that I have recently discovered regarding the buses I ride everyday. I used to get car sick by reading in the bus, so I was forced to look at the bums on the bus in addition to smelling them. Last month however, I discovered that if I sit in the back of the bus, where there are two benches that face inward instead of forward, that while sitting on one of those two benches I can read without becoming nauseous.
I have just finished reading dickens "The Old Curiosity Shop". I LOVED it!! It was like one of the novels I enjoyed most while reading it. I"m now reading "Anna Kerenin".

No comments: