Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tracked Time Update

My Time Tracking experiment continues.  On Friday I switched from task timer to the light verision of Klok.  Even the light verision of Klok is a step up and it allows easily for the collection of stats over time, something I'm already putting to better use.  I have always enjoyed taking the first half hour after dishing out tech assignments to read local and some national news, along with whatever interesting articles I can find from a skim of stupid facebook.  I've justified this expenditure of time by calling it a job duty to be up on current events, however, my time tracking has revealed something undermining in this.  In just the last week and a half I was able to note that on days where this was my first activity, and that activity lasted longer than 15 minutes, I had noticeably less productive days.  So today I set out to put in a the first two hours of my day in solid work.  Then I allowed myself some time to see what happened in los angeles and the greater world.  Preliminary results show this to be a far more effective strategy at keeping me on track during my most productive hours of the day.

Get Klok here, don't but, just get the free version.

No comments: