Monday, October 24, 2011

Massive Unexplainable

My life in the present is difficult to relate to in blog format. Or maybe it's difficult to explain or express. I realize though that the point of this blog has never been to explain at all, but merely to attempt to express and hopefully later recall.
After my neck injury I have have started to rebuild a new push up routine. I have decided to do it a bit more safely this time and take two days a week off, plus the weekend. This morning is the first morning where I have started to feel the exhilaration of power come back. It's a nice feeling to do something stupidly physically during a day of staring at a computer.

In three weeks I will travel to Paris. Angela and I will be meeting Devin and Dylan there for a week. I am so excited. I've started taking a crash course in french using Rosetta Stone. At this point it feels like a fun game, I don't know how helpful it will be in the long run but it's fun for now. In a couple of days though I feel as though I've learned as much french as I did spanish in 2 years of high school.

The move is coming along. we put the first coat of yellow paint on Angie's room last night. It's bright and lovely. Another coat will get applied in the next couple of days.

Angela had a burlesque prop custom built by ex Invis Matter Bass player Ben. It's a giant inflatable swan with an ego box. the ego box contains a power cord and pump and wheels for portability. It's very well made. It's an exciting time to see Angela pulling so much of this together. She has spent years researching and studying, and budgeting for costume and props. Now she will move into the final stages of decoration and costume and planning a new routine. She has selected a secret new song to dance to. I can't wait to see it performed.

Turbo Sunshine is coming along in a most surprising way. Angie and I have been going to our rehearsal space downtown twice a week working on our parts. Devin and Elene come along when time permits. For now Angela and I have the most work to do anyway. each week Angie picks up a new layer of intricacy, it has me most excited. I want turbo to be a very concise deliberate band, and we are well on the way to becoming that. I have some re-writing to do on early turbo songs, and at least one new song dying to be born. I think we will be ready to gig early in 2012.

I'm excited for the holidays coming up. Thanksgiving I will make a turkey for Angie's family in San Diego and on Yuletide my family will be here.

Huge shout out to Devin for having another Delicious Documentary this past weekend. He made yummy food and we enjoyed the film "Cropsey"

A couple other docs I've recently loved:

American: The Bill Hicks Story

Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

I just finished reading David Brin's Kiln People. I wasn't as in love with the end as I was the whole book but it was such a fantastic journey that it doesn't matter one bit. Now that I've read the entire Brin Catalog I'm pleased to see he has a new one coming out next year.

No comments: