Friday, November 12, 2010

Uncle Rambler

I suppose yesterdays veterans day post comes off a touch disrespectful. I happened to come across the quote yesterday while reading about Iain Banks and I just couldn't resist. It was just too coincidental to pass up posting.

I have varied my morning routine somewhat. Rather than staying in bed until the very last second, popping out of bed and pulling on my clothes, brushing my teeth and washing my face and running out the door 5 minutes after I wake up, I've actually been getting up and having a cup of coffee or two on the couch. It's been nice to have a little time with Angela and the pets before starting my day.

I'm very excited. Uncle Ronnie is loaded up and on the road to California. I've been helping good friend and ultra producer Hoagie "K" rebuild his studio in Malibu. I have only been able to get out to Malibu about once a week since the project began, which simply isn't enough extra help, so my recently retired uncle has made the big step to load up and drive out to assist. He'll be waking up every morning overlooking the pacific ocean for the next three weeks to a month. I'm over the moon.

He should arrive here ready for rest after a long haul sometime Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

I'm jealous!