Thursday, March 25, 2010

I love the sounds that can be made


So here I am. Getting a bit older. It's Thursday and I'm feeling human enough to blog. I have been damn tired this week. My idea of heaven is being left alone to sleep. Hear that god? I don't need a tunnel and I don't need the light, just flip the switch at the end and let it all go dark.
Of course if it were dark I wouldn't see this lovely dog Coffee pictured with me above. I will enjoy looking at hims while I can. Damn he is sweet. I find that its perfectly acceptable at my work to kick my feet up on the desk and lean back in my chair as long as I have a dog on my chest. You can imagine how happy that arrangement makes me.

So this plastic device is adding to my happiness. It's extremely portable and runs on batteries, yet it allows me to capture 8 simultaneous tracks of 24 bit audio and then easily transfer those to a computer for further mixing and manipulation. This is a very good thing when you have a girlfriend who loves nothing more than falling asleep on the couch at 8pm. I can then just collect my little plastic box and head to the back of the apartment to make my noises. I'm considering doing an album deep in the depths of Griffith park too. I do enjoy the modern world at times.

This bubbling little buddy is a welcome sound source addition to my life. Thanks to my birthday our patio is getting a boost in the amenities sector. I love the sound of falling water. Bye bye freeway noise, hello life giving water.

And then there is the soft purr of a kitty nuzzling his little face against his mommie. Indeed.



When this is all over and they do turn out the light, don't ever let anyone tell you I didn't love ever tired minute.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Loved hearing what you have been working on, good luck with Turbo Sunshine!