Thursday, November 10, 2005

More Lovely Grey

It's nice to sit here this morning with my coffee and they rain intermittent, thinking lightly and catching up on blogging and emails; details. This afternoon I intend to square away some work I have been successfully putting off. I feel better, I have slept more this week than usual, it's treated me well. I have a great many things I'm thinking about, which is always nice. There are deals on the table, an album nearly finished. New songs fluttering higher than ever before. We worked last night on solid basic tracks for "The Apple Falls" demo, also made a quick sketch of the music that will become "The Collection", both of these songs amaze me, It's hard to have not yet even released Free Alongside Ship and already we have these great new songs coming. I always get a little scared with songs and bands. Though we are band is solid I know that all partnerships are precious and they can end without warning, I have a HUGE Phobia of bands breaking up leaving no record of some songs. When Plaything, my second band, broke up, we had several songs we had no recordings of, one called "Peel" and one called "Wrapped around your middle finger" They were both not all that great, but I regret to this day not having any recordings of either, with particular regret for "Peel". I didn't think that band would break up, in the end I'm glad it did, but it took a few years to get there. If I had recordings of those songs, like I do the others from that band, I might wish I didn't, so possibly they are more precious in memory, but I don't like not having the choice.

No comments: