Thursday, December 30, 2004

Look Away

I don't comprehend this death toll. I am going to look the other way for a second and make a list of 10 albums that strike me as super important to my development as whatever it is I am when I'm trying not to look, unrelated as it may be.


1. Catherine Wheel Chrome - I bought happy Days for the single on mtv at the time way down I liked that track and maybe two others but the rest did not grab me. Later I found Adam & Eve used so I decided to give them a second chance. Adam & Eve hooked me, within two weeks I had purchased their entire catalog. Chrome gets me still the hardest. All the energy of their second album with the skill they acquired on the first tour, and the writing is just beautiful. I feel this album.

2. Local H Pack Up The Cats - Music was basically dead for me for a little period of time and this album brought it back in a big way. I had drifted over to softer acoustic based music and apparently it wasn't filling all my need, Pack up the Cats totally brought back the rock.

3. Blind Melon Soup - The words, sounds and melodies on this album are all stuck forever in my head. "And I can't tell you, just how many ways that I have sat and viewed my life today, but I can tell you; I don't think that I could find and easy way. So if I see you, walking hand in hand in hand with a three arm man, I'll understand, but you should have been in my shoes yesterday. "

4. Nine Inch Nails Pretty Hate Machine thru The Downward Spiral - Trent could do no wrong for me from about 1991 until 1999. Music that took adjusting, my ears actually had to hear the songs for a while before they even made sense, once the frame of reference was established the genius was obvious. This is the music that made me want to create sound.

5. The Refreshments Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy - I bought this album for the song Banditos, which totally appeals to my inner boy. I liked to listen to it while driving around in western Kansas... Then I started to use it as a cleaing cd. As I started to learn to accompany myself on guitar as I sang I found that songs of this alum worked very well for me. I met Roger and Thanked him, and told him that I learned to play guitar from his songs and he said that it's because they are easy. Great guy that Rog....

okay, that was distracting but I'm not doing 10 today...

No comments: